TAFE Directors Australia (TDA) is the peak national body incorporated to represent Australia’s national network of publicly owned Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes and university TAFE divisions, and the Australia-Pacific Technical College (APTC).
Australia’s network of TAFE institutes is the largest and most diverse component of our national tertiary education sector, with more than 1000 campuses located across Central Business Districts (CBD), suburban, regional and remote locations, and with many institutes offering further services throughout the Asia-Pacific and other offshore regions.
The core business of TDA is supporting our member institutes, leading the advocacy for quality skills in Australia, and managing a range of international education and training projects in cooperation with our institutes.
TAFE Directors Australia was established by TAFE directors in 1998.
Our Mission is to provide national leadership in the technical and vocational education and training (TVET) sector through:
- Marketing & promotion
- National & international networks
- Business development
Our strategic objectives can be summarised as follows:
- advance vocational education and training policy in Australia
- support policy development for improved outcomes for students – domestic and international
- lead the advocacy on funding
- promote and support TAFE Institutes as the foremost providers of quality skills training in Australia and abroad
- support, expand and where appropriate lead international networks and business opportunities for our members
In 2017, after nine years in Sydney, TDA relocated its National Secretariat to the Reid Campus of the Canberra Institute of Technology. TDA has extensive representation on national and international committees as well as partnerships with government agencies and non-government organisations throughout the world.
About Us 关于我们