TAFE Directors Australia (TDA) is the peak national body incorporated to represent Australia’s 58 government owned Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes and university TAFE divisions, and the Australia-Pacific Technical College (APTC).
Australia’s TAFE Institute network is the largest and most diverse tertiary education sector in Australia with more than 1000 campuses located across Central Business Districts (CBD), suburban, regional and remote locations, with many institutes offering further services throughout the Asia-Pacific and other offshore regions.
The core business of TDA is supporting our member institutes, leading the advocacy for quality skills in Australia, and managing a range of international education and training projects in cooperation with our institutes.
TAFE Directors Australia was established by TAFE directors in 1998.
Our Mission is to provide national leadership in the TVET sector through:
• Marketing & promotion
• National & international networks
• Business development
Our strategic objectives can be summarised as follows:
- advance vocational education and training policy in Australia
- support policy development for improved outcomes for students – domestic and international lead the advocacy on funding
- promote and support TAFE Institutes as the foremost providers of quality skills training in Australia and abroad
- support, expand and where appropriate lead international networks and business opportunities for our members
In 2009, TDA relocated its National Secretariat to TAFE NSW - Sydney Institute (Ultimo campus). TDA has extensive representation on national and international committees as well as partnerships with government agencies and non-government organisations throughout the world.
Click here to see where our member institutes are located